Sunday, October 25, 2009

Integrating Windows' Movie Maker into the classroom!

My Video Project titled “Technology in the classroom” as a project idea to integrate technology into the classroom by creating a digital movie with the Windows’ Movie Maker Software. While the project is meant for a college level class, it can also be used in all levels of education. I can see a use for creating short movies to help keep instruction fun, and educational in my theater class. The movies created with this software can also be used to display student work at a kiosk or presented at a PTSA event.

I would eventually see my class presenting a movie before a performance of a play showing the behind the scenes work that was put into the final production. The desired outcome for using video projects in the classroom could include a communication tool for expressing information and ideas to multiple audiences. This would be a fun activity for all school aged children with a desire to learn by being creative.

This digital video assignment would allow for all students in my classes to be able to present by displaying their own media content but it could also be used for all educational disciplines. It is an excellent project for individuals but, could be even more fun in a collaborative effort between 3-4 students as they learn by sharing with each other.

Challenges

I have learned a lot about using the software in a short amount of time and hope to get better with practice. In my critique, I must remember that the point of doing projects is to learn and I have tried not to compare my work with others that possibly had more experience. As with any new project or practice, there are some challenges. I had difficulty with learning the timing of the particular video and coinciding this with audio is an even more difficult challenge. I do hope to improve and add more audio to my next movie. Also, I realize now that the image resolution is an important factor on the final outcome. I selected images with low resolution which became unclear in the movie. It would be more beneficial to use relevant picture from my own library than to search for them on the web. This is also a way I can control the picture quality and make it more personal.

Follow this link to my video on:

Technology in the classroom

1 comment:

  1. Barry, I had the same problem with resolution, but it helps when you are looking for pics on Googe to specify you want LARGE images, this seemed to help me with the blurry images.

    ReplyDelete